The Allergy and Immunology Service at the High Complexity Hospital is established for the purpose of diagnosing and treating allergic and immunologic diseases in children and adults.
To provide professional health services which are characterized by quality and warmth in the areas of outpatient clinic, diagnosis and education about their condition and treatment of allergic and immunologic diseases. They are carried out with efficiency, effectiveness, timely with the highest humanitarian sense through actions of promotion, prevention, healing and rehabilitation in order to favor their recovery and reintegration into the family nucleus.
Both outpatient and inpatient are assisted.
• Skin tests for allergic disorders.
• Desensitizing treatment for aeroallergens.
• Identification of risk factors for drug allergy.
• Drug desensitization.
• Determination of risk and prevention of reactions by means of iodinated radiological contrasts, fluorescein and venous sclerosing.
• Insect allergy desensitization.
• Diagnosis and treatment of patients with primary immunodeficiencies.
• Gamma globulin infusions.
• Preventive Pharmacotherapy.
• Study of chronic urticaria and angioedema.
• Autologous tests for autoimmunity.
• Education of asthmatic patients; patients with atopic dermatitis, hereditary angioedema or primary immunodeficiencies, among other pathologies.
The service also performs diagnosis and treatment for rare diseases such as:
• Hereditary and acquired angioedema
• Primary immunodeficiencies
The latter include the diagnosis and treatment of children and adults with recurrent infections.