The Ophthalmology Services of the High Complexity Hospital “President Juan Domingo Perón” was launched in March 2005. It functions as a referral centre for patients of other provincial public hospitals.
To be the more competitive area of ophthalmology and eye surgery at regional and national levels in the healthcare, teaching and research field.
• Detection using an ophthalmic refractometer and treatment of refractive eye defects: myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia.
• Slit lamp examination (biomicroscopy).
• Binocular indirect ophthalmoscopic retinal exam.
• Diagnosis, medical treatment and monitoring of glaucoma (ocular hypertension) by tonometry, 60-D funduscopic lenses, and computerized visual field.
• Control and monitoring of pituitary brain tumors using computerized visual field.
• Detection of cataracts and pre-operative assessment (IBO, ultrasound and ecometrics).
• Secondary cataract treatment by YAG laser (posterior capsulotomy).
• Argon laser treatment and control of diabetic and hypertensive retinopathy, central retinal vein occlusion, retinal hole, and so on.
• Diagnosis and treatment of eye infections.
• Ophthalmologic emergencies operate 365 days a year.
• Detection and treatment of strabismus.
• Binocular indirect ophthalmoscopy in preterm and term children.
• Slit lamp examination of preterm and term children.
• Detection of congenital cataracts and pre-operative assessment.
• Detection and treatment of congenital glaucoma.
• Intraocular lens implantation in cataract surgery.
• Surgical treatment of glaucoma (trabeculectomy and peripheral iridectomy).
• Pterygium Surgery (Pterygium excision, coating with amniotic membrane).
• Eyelid plastic surgery (Entropion, Ectropion, Ptosis and Tarsorrhaphy).
• Chalazion surgery and eyelid tumours.
• Eye Cancer Surgery.
• Surgical treatment of corneoscleral and eyelid injuries.
• Extraction of intraocular foreign bodies.
• Surgical treatment of endophthalmitis (intravitreal injection of antibiotics, conjunctival flap and evisceration).
• Intravitreal injection of Avastin in patients with macular edema.
• Examination under general anesthesia in preterm and term children.
• Lacrimal probing.
• Lacrimal surgery (dacryocystorhinostomy).
• Strabismus surgery.