The generic name of "Traumatology", which defines the branch of medicine devoted to the study of musculoskeletal injuries, is currently insufficient as specialty extends far beyond the field of traumatic injuries; also includes the study of those congenital or acquired, in their therapeutic, preventive aspects of rehabilitation and research, and affecting the musculoskeletal from childhood to senetud.
Currently, the service carries out medical consultations of over 250 patients per month in outpatient clinic. Patients with congenital disorders, trauma, locomotion problems and post operative patients (healing and wound control of surgeries performed) among others.
In surgical practice, we perform the following highly complex surgery:
· Computer-navigated surgical techniques used in joint (hip and knee) replacement in patients with excessive wear and possible comorbidities;
· Resolution of fractures of the upper and lower extremities.
· Upper and lower limb amputations due to severe trauma or diabetes.
· Biopsy and puncture for specific studies.
· Toilette or cleaning of surgical or traumatic wounds under anesthesia.
Dr. Rodríguez Marcelo (Head of service)
Dr. Lugo Ignacio
Dr. Helguero Santiago.